*Re-opening Announcement from Aisha Masjid & Islamic Centre, Reading and Jamme Masjid, Alexandra Rd, Reading*
Assalāmu Alaikum Warahmathullāhi Wabarakathahu.
With the grace of Allah SWT, we pray that you have been keeping safe and well insha’Allah
Insha’Allah, Aisha Masjid & Islamic Centre, Reading and Jamme Masjid, Alexandra Rd, Reading will be re-opening on Wednesday 2 December from Fajr prayer (Jamaat @ 7am)
Reading and surrounding areas will be placed in Tier-2 from 2 December. Please comply with the Tier-2 restrictions applicable to places of worship:
“Places of worship remain open but you must not socialise with people from outside of your household or support bubble while you are indoors there, unless a legal exemption applies”
In addition, please see below a reminder also to please follow the following general instructions Insha’Allah:
- Only those that are fit and well should attend the Masjid
- Anyone unwell or showing any COVID-19 related symptoms should not attend the Masjid
- At the moment we are unable to accommodate sisters. Children under 12 should not attend.
- Aged and with underlying health conditions and those that are shielding should not attend the Masjid
- Travellers from abroad should not attend the Masjid until they have completed the designated quarantine period
- There will be no Wudu facilities. Please do your wudu before attending the Masjid
- Masjid will open 10 minutes before the designated time for congregational prayer and will close 10 minutes after the completion of the congregational prayer
- Masjid will open 30 minutes before designated time for each Jummah prayer and will close 30 minutes after the completion of the prayer
- Please bring your own mask or face covering – to be worn at all times when in the Masjid. If you are exempt please let a volunteer know and follow the instructions given
- Please bring a plastic shoe bag. Please place your shoes in your shoe bag and take these with you into the prayer hall and place these either side of you
- Please bring your own prayer mat
- Please bring your own Quran or use your phone apps
- Please observe the one-way system
- Please use hand sanitizers provided on entering and exiting the Masjids
- Please use tissues when coughing or sneezing. Take these home with you or dispose of them in the designated bins
- Social distancing should be practised at all times
- Please do not congregate outside the Masjids or inside the Masjids other than for congregational prayer at the allocated time and in the designated prayer spaces
- Please follow instructions given by the volunteers for the safety of others.
- *Aisha Masjid only*: Limited car parking available – parking bays only
- Masjid will close when at designated capacity
- Please pray in the designated prayer spaces. Do not move any markers designating prayer spaces or swap places
- Consistent failure to adhere to these rules may result in you being asked not to attend the Masjids for the safety of other attendees
- If you feel unwell whilst at the Masjid, please immediately speak to one of our staff
- Please respect our staff – they are all volunteers working for your safety
- All the other programmes at the Masjids remain on hold until further notice.
- We are in close contact with the local councils, our insurers, the local Police and other local organisations with whom we share and receive information for best practices.
- Anyone who tests positive or shows symptoms for Covid19 after attending the masjid should inform a volunteer or masjid staffwithin the first 14 days of observing or confirmation of Covid19.
We pray to Allah SWT that He brings ease to the current situation and we can return to normal. Ameen??????
Trustees & Management of Aisha Masjid & Islamic Centre, Reading and Jamme Masjid, Alexandra Rd, Reading