- We monitor and regularly update the procedures we follow to maintain the privacy of your personal information. Consequently, this policy may change from time to time. We recommend that you check it on a regular basis to ensure that you are up to date. Use of this Site after any change will indicate your acceptance of that change.
- Personal information collected
- The personal information we collect from you may include the following:
Name, address, email address, telephone numbers, bank account details (for setting up regular standing order or payment information) and whether or not you are a tax payer so that we can claim Gift Aid. Information you give us on donation forms or forms completed on our Site;
Information you give to us in relation to specific services you request from us.
- We may automatically collect information about you or your use of the Site whenever you visit the Site (please refer to sections 5 below).
- Use of this information
- We will use your personal information generally to communicate with you, to provide you with information on events and services and to ensure we comply with our regulatory responsibilities. Examples Include:
- Dealing with your enquiries requests and complaints
- Processing your donations
- To process Gift Aid donations
- To confirm receipt of donations (unless you have asked us not to do this)
- Providing you with information about our activities, events and services
- Complying with our legal obligations policies and procedures
- Providing and personalising our services
- Administering Maktab/membership records
- In general, records containing information about individual donors/users will be securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to access your records. Should you wish to exercise this right, please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
Aisha Masjid & Islamic Centre
- Sharing this information
- We are the sole owners of all forms of personal data collected and processed by the Masjid. We will not disclose your personal information to any third party, without your consent except in the circumstances set out in this section 4.
- We may disclose your personal information to a third party to the extent necessary to answer any enquiry you may submit to us, if that enquiry requires the involvement of a third party.
- We may disclose your personal information to any appropriate investigative third party if we:
Believe that you are involved in any illegal or harmful conduct; or
Are required to do so by law (e.g. for the prevention of fraud or some other crime); or Believe that such action is necessary to
- comply with the law or with legal process
- protect and defend our rights and property or that of any of our congregation;
- protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of our website; or
- protect the personal safety or property of our congregation
- Information automatically collected from your computer
- Log files/ Internet Protocol (IP) addresses: When you visit the Site our web server automatically records your IP address. This IP address is not linked to any of your personal information. We use IP addresses to help us administer the Site and to collect demographic information for aggregation purposes. We will not attempt to personally identify you from your IP address unless required to as a matter of law or regulation.
- We may also gather other non-personal information (from which we cannot identify you) such as the type of your Internet browser. We use this to provide you with a more effective service.
- Changes to your details
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, please contact us at the contact details set out in section 9 below.
We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access and improper use.
- Linking to third party websites
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our Site or use them to link to our Site. We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- Contact us
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by writing to us at Aisha Masjid & Islamic Centre, London Road, Earley, Reading, Berkshire RG6 1BW. Email: email@example.com